Sunday, February 7, 2010

Welcome and introduction

Welcome to 365 Days of Meals. The premise is simple: I'll be taking photos of every meal I eat for the next several days/weeks/months/years.

This is hopefully going to accomplish the following things:

1) It will let me promote some of my favorite restaurants and let you join with me as I explore new ones in the Chicago area. If it's a new (to this blog) place, I'll try to review the place too, though not necessarily every time. Maybe I'll even link to Yelp or some other review site.

2) My wife & I have been cooking some AMAZING food lately. Sharing recipes and cooking tips is always fun--and having others look at our food will make me more likely to take care in the way I prepare food and present it.

3) This blog will be somewhat of a diet tool for me. As I take photos of the food I eat, it is more likely that I will make a meal and eat it, rather than go through the mental process of, "I'm hungry, what can I eat...*chomp*...I'm still hungry, what can I eat...*chomp*..." As a corollary to that, by posting my food, I will hopefully be shamed out of eating crap from fast food restaurants as often as I do.

4) It may actually get me to eat breakfast on a regular basis.

5) Provide some enjoyment for the foodies (and aspiring foodies) out there who don't yet realize that you don't have to eat expensively to eat well, you don't have to be a gourmet chef to cook great meals, and you don't have to have a 4 course meal every day in order to be a person who enjoys food.

I hope you enjoy this, and please tell your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment