Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Five Guys Burgers

I didn't really eat breakfast or lunch today. This is not good for keeping the metabolism up, and substituting a cup of coffee for a meal is not a replacement, I know. But, my lack of calories through the day meant that I felt a bit justified eating a big fat dinner.

So we went to Five Guys Burgers on Clybourn Ave. and had some awesome burgers. If you haven't been to a Five Guys before, check it out. Their menu is simple (burgers, hot dogs, grilled cheese, and fries), but they focus on freshly sourced and prepared food, and it shows. No freezers in this place, and everything (fries included) is cooked to order. You wait a couple minutes extra, but the food is well worth the wait.

If you consider this to be a 'sit down' restaurant, it isn't the best food you're gonna get. But if you think of it as a Fast Food place, you have got to be impressed with the quality, freshness, and juiciness of the burgers. (Check out Yelp's reviews for some opinions on the matter.)

The damage: I had a bacon burger (comes with 2 beef patties), a pop, and the wife & I split a large fries. Now, I'm off to shovel a parking space (and put some lawn furniture in it to reserve it, of course) to work off all the calories I just ingested. See you at breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment